Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Not interfaith

For a while, C and I were on our synagogue's Interfaith mailing list, and I finally got around to asking them to take us off. I know "interfaith" is often defined as "Jew + not-a-Jew", but I never felt the label really fit us; most interfaith stuff around here is geared towards couples and families in which Judaism plus another religion are being practiced.

There's an interfaith dinner at our synagogue soon, and a Jewish-by-choice friend is going (sans Jewish husband, who's not much into the whole synagogue life thing), and she asked if we wanted to go. C was kind of interested, so I suggested C and friend go and see what kind of rumors get started. I'm actively not interested at the moment, to the point of being hostile to the idea, and I'm not sure where that's coming from. I suspect a fair amount of defensiveness on my part, since I still haven't converted official-like.

That reminds me that I really should e-mail my sponsoring rabbi's assistant to set up a meeting. I'll do that now.

No comments: